Monday, 5 January 2015

Meal Planning Monday - 5/1/15

Apologies for the disappearance over the festive period, hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas and wishing you all a very happy 2015!

I had a lovely time over Christmas (despite working on the special day itself), and spent the majority of it in North East Scotland with my partner and his family. Too much rich food and alcohol was consumed, that's for sure. But it was fun, and that's what Christmas is all about, right?! (I don't mean to say that gluttony is an essential factor in a 'good' Christmas but in my world, having a good Christmas includes eating lots of indulgent food and lazing!)


Which brings me to now, and a 6lb gain on the weighing scales! Thus the next few weeks/months are going to be about reigning it in, regaining a balance as far as food as is involved and hopefully getting a bit fitter too! This should be reflected in my meal planning, or atleast I hope it is...


The meal plan for this week is as follows;


Monday - Salmon fillet, roasted vegetable couscous and salad.


Tuesday - Spanish chicken stew, served with pasta and something green.


Wednesday - Leftover Spanish chicken stew, served on a baked potato with something green.


Thursday - Fragrant prawn pad thai


Friday - Not sure yet, maybe wrap pizza as Gary will probably be home late.


Saturday - Slow cooker beef curry, consisting of stewing beef, spices, sweet potato and coconut milk.


Sunday - Leftover beef curry.



11 comments:

  1. That beef curry sounds divine! Great sounding week, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Everything sounds very tasty! I do like the sound of the Spanish chicken stew x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, am thinking of posting the recipe for it!x

      Delete
  3. Mmm that looks like a delicious week...might throw salmon into our plan this week, can't beat it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the Christmas gluttony front, that's part of the fun! Your plan sounds lush x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, I agree, it's the one time of the year I eat, drink and don't worry about the calorie consumption (which is a bit sad, really...)

      Delete
  5. The pad thai sounds delicious - it may find its way onto my plan next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good effort, will let you know I get on with it.

      Delete
  6. Hi Amy, thanks for sharing your meal plan and joining in. Just realised you are relatively local to me ;) I am a Warwick girl myself, though I no longer live there!

    ReplyDelete