Monday, 12 January 2015

Meal Planning Monday 12/1/15

We managed to stick to last week's meal plan which is impressive in itself! The Spanish chicken stew was delicious, if a little fatty due to using boneless chicken thighs. Although they were also skinless, there always seems to be an insane amount of residual fat when I cook with chicken thighs, but then I guess that's what makes them so flavoursome?

Anyway, this week is a little bit repetitive and boring as I'm working Wednesday and Friday so need something easily reheated for those evenings. 

The meal plan for this week is as follows;

Monday - Salmon fillet, couscous or rice and something green.

Tuesday - Homemade spaghetti bolognese sauce and pasta.

Wednesday - Leftover spaghetti bolognese sauce, maybe with a jacket potato.

Thursday - Turkey stir fry with rice noodles.

Friday - Leftover turkey stir fry with carbs of some sort.

Saturday - Out at a friend's house.

Sunday - A roast of some sort (unsure of what meat yet, probably chicken!)

As I type this, I'm baking Ottolenghi's amazing carrot cake for the Clandestine Cake Club event I'm going to this evening, I've attended cake club on and off for the past couple of years but tonight is my first time I'm bringing a friend along as a guest. Excited for the cake! The theme this time is 'I've always wanted to make...' I'm quite a carrot cake fiend, and will always pick a slice of it when at a coffee shop however I've never baked one myself - will let you know how it goes.

10 comments:

  1. I love bolognese, I need to get one of those "vegetable spiralizers" (don't think that's a word haha but you know what I mean) so I can have veg noodles instead of pasta, takes ages to peel them like it by hand! Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love one of those too, I bought a julienne peeler with the belief that it'd be as good as a spiralizer thing but it's a bit rubbish. x

      Delete
  2. Tasty sounding meals, I love leftovers too so handy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the carrot cake. I bake carrot cake muffins regularly, and carrot cake whoopie pies, but have never made a full-sized one either. Sounds lush though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh carrot cake and carrot cake muffins..yum yum yum. Meals looking good too..we had a salmon fillet at Christmas, I do love a good chunk of salmon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I do love leftovers....Everything sounds so tasty! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds lovely... especially the carrot cake - it counts as veg, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on sticking to last weeks plan, it's a rarity in our house if we succeed at that!

    Lovely plan! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete