Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Easy Banana Cake


(These aren't the bananas used in the recipe, as by the time I remembered to take a photograph, the ripened bananas were in the cake and the peelings were in the bin!)

Due to having a growing glut of over-ripe bananas, I decided it was about time I stopped putting them in the freezer for another day, and that I should actually use them and make something delicious with them.

As ever, I always end up either making smoothies or banana bread/muffins/cakes with overripe bananas. I've used numerous different recipes for the aforementioned banana bakes but today decided to use the trusty All Recipes to gain a bit of guidance and inspiration.

I found this straightforward looking recipe here but decided to cream the butter and caster sugar first, just because... I also didn't melt the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together in a saucepan, as it seemed just another reason for more steps (and extra washing up...).


Here are the results of my efforts;





Overall, the recipe was extremely simple to follow and I would happily use it again, particularly if I was in a rush to make a cake, or wanted something that didn't use too many bowls, equipment or brain power!

In the future, I'd probably jazz it up a bit further by adding a teaspoon of all spice or ground ginger, or a handful of sultanas, chocolate chips or walnut pieces.




4 comments:

  1. Love banana cake, and the idea of adding some chocolate or sultanas to jazz it up. Looks delicious, perfect with a cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a piece of (homemade) cake and a cup of tea!

      Delete
  2. Not made banana bread for ages and you've got me craving it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, well worth the short time it took to knock up!

      Delete