Well, my fears of being a hungover mess this morning were unfounded. Feeling a little bit hungry and thirsty, but apart from that, all appears to be good in the land of my body. We had a fantastic time last night at a close friend's 30th birthday party. Her Mum had made her a beautiful surprise birthday cake from scratch, complete with handmade teapot and tea cup decorations made out of icing.
This week's meal plan is as follows, G is away for a stag party in Munich from Thursday through to Sunday night so I'm going to be cooking for one on those days...
Monday: Home made cottage pie.
Tuesday: Leftover cottage pie.
Wednesday: Takeaway at a friend's.
Thursday: Fish finger sandwich - I LOVE fish finger sandwiches but G does not, thus, this is my indulgence whilst he's away.
Friday: Pasta, pesto and chicken (working all day, so need something quick and easy.)
Saturday: As above.
Sunday: Dinner at a friend's house - she's a fantastic cook so it's always a pleasure to be a dinner guest at her house.

Fish finger sandwiches are amazing - my husband isn't a fan either, but he's just wrong :-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your week!
That cake sounds brilliant! I'd love a fish finger sandwich, I didn't eat fish fingers til very recently (fussy no-fish child that I was), so I've never tried them in a sandwich...definitely putting that on my menu next week :) xx
ReplyDelete