Luckily for me, on St. Patrick's day, a simple yet delicious looking recipe for Double Chocolate Guinness Birthday Brownies appeared on my Facebook timeline, and there it was; that was the recipe I was going to bake.
I've got to be honest and say that although I follow A Girl Called Jack on Facebook, and I have a copy of her book, 'A Girl Called Jack: 100 delicious budget recipes', I haven't actually used the book to follow a recipe from.
Now, the recipe for these aforementioned brownies is fairly straightforward and the ingredient list is reassuringly simple and easy to source. I'm not reposting the recipe as I didn't deviate from the actual original recipe. I baked the brownies in the middle of the oven at 160C - as our fan oven is a little bit on the hot side, and they turned out just so.
The resulting brownie was squidgy, moist and indulgent - everything that a good chocolate brownie should be, and I would recommend that you should try and make these beautiful little chocolate delights at least once, just to try. As myself and G have absolutely no willpower when it comes to treats, I froze one third of the brownies straight away and having tasted one of the frozen then defrosted brownies, I can report back that freezing doesn't change the texture or differ from the original taste at all - Hurrah.
(Sadly there's no pictures as I'm a silly amateur blogger and forgot...!)
For more chocolate brownie recipes, have a look at:
Slow Cooker Raspberry Brownies from bakingqueen74.
Black Forest Brownies & White Chocolate & Macadamia Blondies from The Crafty Larder.
Creme Egg Chocolate Brownies from Fab Food 4 All.
Tahini Brownies from Rough Measures.
Double Chocolate Fudgy Brownies from Munchies & Munchkins.
Creme Egg Chocolate Brownies from Fab Food 4 All.
Tahini Brownies from Rough Measures.
Double Chocolate Fudgy Brownies from Munchies & Munchkins.
Good to know the brownies can be frozen - I too have no willpower!
ReplyDelete