Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Banana & Walnut Flapjacks

I decided to use up some of the overly ripe bananas that I'd peeled and put in a bag in the freezer a while ago. I usually end up making banana bread with them but not today!

I'm starting a run of three night shifts tomorrow and am intending to eat these rather than scurrying off to the vending machines for a sugar hit in the middle of the night.

Banana & Walnut Flapjacks

Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes

Ingredients - makes 12 squares of various sizes:

300g porridge oats
A large handful of dried fruit
A large handful of broken up walnut pieces
2 tbsp of honey
2 mashed overly ripe bananas
3 tbsp of coconut oil
50g dessicated coconut

(This is just a rough recipe, I didn't measure things exactly as I was just using up bits and bobs leftover in the cupboard.)

Method
Grease and line a shallow baking tin using oil/butter/non-stick spray.

Melt the coconut oil and honey together in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat, add the mashed bananas and dried fruit to the pan, and take off the heat. Then stir in the dried fruit, nuts, coconut and finally the oats.

Pour/spoon into the lined shallow baking tin and bake in the oven at 180 degrees celcius (fan assisted oven) for 10-15 minutes. Take out of the oven, leave in the tray until cool. Cut into desired amount of pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment