On Saturday I turned twenty six, this makes me feel incredibly old - OK, OK, I know it's technically not that old, but actually I'm starting to feel like an real grown-up. We went to Solihull for a wander, watched Kingsmen at the cinema (which was incredibly silly but quite an amusing film), ate lots at Wagamama's and then went out for dinner in the evening at Whittles Restaurant in Leamington Spa with some friends - will maybe review this place when I get some time.
I'm now feeling incredibly 'fluffy', ahem, and have gained a good few pounds over the past few weeks so now is the time for sensible eating and saving money (mortgage appointment in 2 weeks, eek!) Hopefully this is reflected in this week's meal plan;
Monday: Pesto stuffed chicken breast with (reduced and frozen) potato croquettes, carrots and broccoli.
Tuesday: Leftover homemade fish pie (It was a take on Jamie Oliver's recipe that we originally had last night, but due to being on a long day tomorrow, it seems a wise choice to have something easily reheated).
Wednesday: Bacon and leek risotto
Thursday: Leftover risotto
Friday: Lasagne made using previously batch-cooked bolognese sauce that is currently in the freezer, going to use reduced-fat creme fraiche and parmesan in between layers instead of a bechamel sauce to try and reduce the calories/fat content.
Saturday: Leftover lasagne
Sunday: Probably roast chicken and all the (healthyish) trimmings.

Oh love the sound of pesto stuffed chicken. Yum! #mealplanningmonday
ReplyDeleteThanks! :-)
DeleteMy husband would really like pesto stuffed chicken, sounds really nice.
ReplyDelete#mealplanningmonday
It was delish!
DeleteHehe 26, wait till you're 32! Then you can pretend your are old! Happy belated birthday anyway!
ReplyDeleteLove risotto - also making it this week! You can make leftovers into arrancini easily too if you fancy something different with the leftovers! The pesto stuffed chicken sounds delicious !
Haha thank you, also love risotto, will head over to your blog and check out what you made. I love arrancini, well at least I have when I'd have it at Ask, will definitely attempt making one day!
DeleteI shall not mention my age, but weep silently into the cards on the mantelpiece marking my slide into creptitude. Happy birthday though! The pesto stuffed chicken sounds lovely, next time chicken is on offer I'll have to give it a go. Have a lovely week.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you're not that old! Thanks for the birthday wishes. The chicken was delicious, added a little too much reduced fat mozzarella resulting in a gooey mess in the baking tin but tasted good enough when scraped and popped back in the chicken breast, would have it again, for sure!
Delete